The Washington Field Day
In order to complete the Washington hunter education requirements, you must pass both the online and Field Day portions of the hunter education course.
Pay Only When You Pass
unlimited exam attempts
Important Field Day Information
Locating and Signing Up for the Field Day
After passing the online portion of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife hunter education course, you will need to locate and sign up for the required Field Day.
To locate and sign up for the Field Day in your area, go to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife website at http://www.register-ed.com/programs/95.
Warning! Passing the online course does not guarantee you a spot at the Field Day.
What To Expect at the Field Day
At the Field Day, you must successfully complete the remaining course requirements, which include: 4–6 hours of instruction, a field exercise, a live-fire exercise, and Washington’s Hunter Education Certification exam.
Important Bring the following documents to your Field Day:
- Washington Hunting Seasons and Rule Pamphlet Worksheet; read Washington Hunting Regulations to complete your worksheet. Download the worksheet (PDF).
- Two copies of your Exam Certificate
The certificate is valid for only nine months from the date of issue.
- Field Skills Training and Evaluation Form
After attending and passing the Field Day portion of the hunter education requirement, you will receive your Certification Card.
Hunter Education Documents
- Exam Certificate
- The Washington Exam Certificate is proof that you have successfully completed the online portion of your hunter education requirement. Students must present the Exam Certificate at the Field Day to gain admittance.
- Washington Certification Card
- The Washington Certification Card is proof that you have successfully completed all the hunter education requirements and can legally hunt in the state of Washington. You will receive the Certification Card from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife after successfully completing the Field Day.
- Military Exemption Form
- Active members of the U.S. military are exempt from the range evaluation session of the Online Hunter Education Course. You must send your Washington State Exam Certificate, documents showing you are an active member of the United States Military, and your Washington Online Military Exemption Form to WDFW – Hunter Education Program at 600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091.
If you have already received the Washington Certification Card and need a replacement certificate, you can contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/huntered/duplicate_card.html.
To replace a lost or destroyed Exam Certificate, log in to the course and print a new one.