Washington Field Skills Evaluation Course
In order to complete the Washington hunter education requirements, you must pass both the online and Field Skills Evaluation Course portions of the hunter education course.
Pay Only When You Pass
unlimited exam attempts
Important Field Skills Evaluation Course Information
Locating and Signing Up for the Field Skills Evaluation Course
After passing the online portion of Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife hunter education course, you will need to locate and sign up for the required Field Skills Evaluation Course.
To locate and sign up for the Field Skills Evaluation Course in your area, go to http://www.register-ed.com/programs/95.
Warning! Passing the online course does not guarantee you a spot at the Field Skills Evaluation Course.
What To Expect at the Field Skills Evaluation Course
At the Field Skills Evaluation Course, you must successfully complete the remaining course requirements, which include: 4–6 hours of instruction, a field exercise, a live-fire exercise, and Washington’s Hunter Education Certification exam.
Important Bring the following documents to your Field Skills Evaluation Course:
- Washington Hunting Seasons and Rule Pamphlet Worksheet; read Washington Hunting Regulations to complete your worksheet. Download the worksheet (PDF).
- Two copies of your Exam Certificate
The certificate is valid for only one year from the date of issue.
- Field Skills Training and Evaluation Form
After attending and passing the Field Skills Evaluation Course portion of the hunter education requirement, you will receive your Certification Card.
Hunter Education Documents
- Exam Certificate
- The Washington Exam Certificate is proof that you have successfully completed the online portion of your hunter education requirement. Students must present the Exam Certificate at the Field Skills Evaluation Course to gain admittance.
- Washington Certification Card
- The Washington Certification Card is proof that you have successfully completed all the hunter education requirements and can legally hunt in the state of Washington. You will receive the Certification Card from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife after successfully completing the Field Skills Evaluation Course.
- Military Exemption Forms
- Active-duty or honorably discharged members of the U.S. military who are stationed in Washington State or who are Washington residents, who pass the Washington On-line Hunter Education examination, are exempt from the follow-up on-line field skills evaluation session of the Online Hunter Education Course. You must send your Washington State Exam Certificate, documentation showing you are an active member of the United States Military, and the Military Exemption Form to WDFW – Hunter Education Program at 600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091.
If you have already received the Washington Certification Card and need a replacement certificate, you can contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/huntered/duplicate_card.html.
To replace a lost or destroyed Exam Certificate, log in to the course and print a new one.