According to Virginia law, it is illegal to:
- Hunt game on Sunday unless you are on a licensed shooting preserve.
- Handle a firearm in a reckless manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person.
- Hunt while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Alter, change, borrow, or lend a hunting license or permit.
- Exceed the bag limit or possess more than the daily limit of any wild bird or animal while you are in the forests, fields, or waters of Virginia.
- Willfully and intentionally impede the lawful hunting or trapping of wild birds or animals.
- Discharge a firearm or archery tackle in or across any public roadway, or within the right-of-way of a public roadway, including:
- Shooting at wildlife from across a public roadway and …
- Shooting at wildlife from a vehicle.
- Shoot a rifle or pistol at wild birds or animals on or over Virginia public inland waters.
- Shoot any type of firearm at deer while you are in any type of watercraft.
Additional regulations are listed in the Unlawful Methods information on the VDGIF website.