Texas Parks & Wildlife Information
Operation Game Thief
Texas Wildlife Crimestoppers Program
You can make a difference by reporting illegal hunting and
fishing activity! Up to $1,000 may be paid for information
leading to arrest and conviction of poachers.
for Reporting Poachers
- Gather information completely and quickly.
- License plate number and vehicle description
- Number of poachers
- Identification of each poacher
- Time, date, location
- Number of shots taken
- Weather conditions
- Stay safe—do not approach poachers or put your
life in danger.
- Telephone 1-800-792-GAME, night or day. Call as soon
as you can after seeing an offense.
Support anti-poaching efforts by becoming a member of the
Operation Game Thief Program (call 512-389-4381 for membership
information) or by sending your tax-deductible donation to
Operation Game Thief, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department,
4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744.
- Make sure you use the correct tag when you kill a deer
or turkey, or retain an oversized red drum.
- Make sure you immediately cut out the month and day on
the proper license tag.
- Attach proper tag immediately upon killing
a deer or turkey, or retaining oversized red drum. The
tag must remain attached to the game or fish until it reaches
its final destination and is finally
- Immediately upon killing a white-tailed deer, complete
the White-Tailed Deer Log on the back of your hunting license.
Read more on the Texas
Parks & Wildlife web page regarding tagging violations.
or, your behavior can . . .