Setting a Coil-Spring Foothold Trap
Here are the basic steps for setting a coil-spring foothold trap.
- Place a palm on each spring.
- Press down evenly with both hands until the jaws open.
- Hold the jaws open with the palm and thumb of one hand. With the other hand, set the dog in the pan notch. Release some pressure on the springs to make sure the dog is in place.
- Hold the dog with one thumb. Raise the free jaw. Slide your fingers under the raised jaw and the pan to hold the trap by the base plate.
- Hold the pan up. Put the fingers of both hands under the jaws and the pan. Set the trap in place.