Responsibility and Best Management Practices
Best Management Practices (BMPs) for trapping are based on research conducted by the Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies with the help of state wildlife agencies, trappers, and trapping groups.
- Trapping BMPs provide information on safe, effective, and humane trapping methods. This information can help trappers:
- Make responsible decisions in the field.
- Follow trapping regulations to manage wildlife effectively.
- Select appropriate traps, and use the correct trapping procedures.
- Through the BMP process, traps and trapping systems are evaluated extensively. BMP-approved traps are humane, efficient, selective, practical, and safe.
- For more information on BMPs, visit this website: www.fishwildlife.org/?section=best_management_practices