Oregon Field Day
Only those under 18 years of age are required to attend a Oregon Field Day.
If you are under 18 years of age, in order to complete the Oregon hunter education requirements, you must pass both the online and Field Day portions of the hunter education course.
Pay Only When You Pass
Important Field Day Information
Locating and Signing Up for the Field Day
After passing the online portion of Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife hunter education course, you will need to locate and sign up for the required Field Day.
To locate and sign up for the Field Day in your area, go to http://www.odfw.com/education/hunter/.
Warning! Passing the online course does not guarantee you a spot at the Field Day.
What To Expect at the Field Day
At the Field Day, you must successfully complete the remaining course requirements, which include: 4–6 hours of instruction, a field exercise, a live-fire exercise, and Oregon’s Hunter Education Certification exam.
Important Bring your Oregon Field Day Qualifier Certificate to the Field Day as proof of having completed the online course.
After attending and passing the Field Day portion of the hunter education requirement, you will receive your Oregon Hunter Education Certificate.
Hunter Education Documents
- Field Day Qualifier Certificate
- If you are under 18 years of age, the Oregon Field Day Qualifier Certificate is proof that you have successfully completed the online portion of your hunter education requirement. Students must present the Field Day Qualifier Certificate at the Field Day to gain admittance.
- Oregon Hunter Education Certificate
- The Oregon Hunter Education Certificate is proof that you have successfully completed all the hunter education requirements and can purchase a license to legally hunt in the state of Oregon.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you will receive your official Hunter Education Certificate from Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife after successfully completing the Field Day.
- If you are 18 years of age or older, after passing the online Final Exam, you’ll immediately print out your Temporary Hunter Education Certificate (valid for 90 days). Your permanent Hunter Education Certificate will be mailed to you by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.
If you have already received the Hunter Education Certificate and need a replacement certificate, you can request a duplicate from the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife at http://www.odfw.com/education/hunter/duplicate_request_process.asp.
If you are under 18 years of age and need to replace a lost or destroyed Field Day Qualifier Certificate, log in to the course and print a new one.
If you are 18 years of age or older and need to replace your Temporary Hunter Education Certificate, log in to the course and print a new one.