Promoting Safe Muzzleloader Shooting
The National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association (NMLRA) was founded in 1933 to promote marksmanship, standards, and safety with muzzleloading firearms—rifles, shotguns, and handguns.
The NMLRA is the premier organization serving as a resource to muzzleloader hunters. Benefits provided by the association to the sport and especially to the association’s members include:
- Monthly magazine Muzzle Blasts
- National and regional shooting matches
- Discounts on a variety of goods
- Information on hunting opportunities
The NMLRA’s presence has grown in recent years as a result of an increase in muzzleloader hunting. This type of hunting has become more popular due to a number of factors:
- Interest in history and hunting like our ancestors
- Development of modern muzzleloading firearms
- Primitive hunting seasons that often are longer than the regular firearm season
Becoming involved with the NMLRA is an excellent way to have access to a broad variety of resources while also supporting the future of safe muzzleloader hunting.