The Montana Field Day
Hunters born after January 1, 1985, must pass both the online and Field Day portions of the hunter education course.
Hunters born on or before January 1, 1985, are not required to take the Field Day.
Pay Only When You Pass
unlimited exam attempts
Important Field Day Information
Locating and Signing Up for the Field Day
If you were born after January 1, 1985, you will need to locate and sign up for the required Field Day after passing the online portion of the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks hunter education course.
To locate and sign up for the Field Day in your area, go to http://www.register-ed.com/programs/34.
Warning! Passing the online course does not guarantee you a spot at the Field Day.
What To Expect at the Field Day
At the Field Day, you must successfully complete the remaining course requirements, which include: 4–6 hours of instruction, a field exercise, a live-fire exercise, and Montana’s Hunter Education Certification exam.
Important Bring a picture ID and your Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate to the Field Day as proof of having completed the online course.
After attending and passing the Field Day portion of the hunter education requirement, you will receive your Montana Hunter Education Certificate.
If you have any questions about the Field Day requirement, please call 406-444-9948.
Hunter Education Documents
- Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate
- The Montana Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate is proof that hunters born after January 1, 1985 have successfully completed the online portion of the hunter education requirement. Students must present the Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate at the Field Day to gain admittance.
- Temporary Hunter Education Certificate
- The Temporary Hunter Education Certificate is proof that hunter born on or before January 1, 1985, have successfully completed hunter education.
- Montana Hunter Education Certificate
- The Montana Hunter Education Certificate is proof that you have successfully completed all the hunter education requirements and can legally hunt in the state of Montana. You will receive the Hunter Education Certificate from Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks after successfully completing all age-dependent requirements.
If you have already received the Hunter Education Certificate and need a replacement certificate, you can contact Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks at http://fwp.mt.gov/education/hunter/born.html.
To replace a lost or destroyed Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate, log in to the course and print a new one.
To replace a lost or destroyed Temporary Hunter Education Certificate, log in to the course and print a new one.