Steps To Prepare for a Hunt
A successful hunt begins with careful planning and preparation. The process often requires more time than the hunt itself.
Here are some steps you should take to prepare for a hunt.
- Educate yourself about the game you will be hunting and its environment.
- Read the most current regulations.
- Select appropriate clothing and gear for the environment.
- Visit the site in the off-season to prepare blinds and stands, if possible.
- Sharpen your skills at the shooting range while sighting-in a firearm or bow and patterning a shotgun.
- Check your equipment. Depending on your travel plans, type of hunt, and equipment, consider packing extra firearms, chokes, bow strings, cleaning rods, ammunition, clothing, etc.