Respect Your Bowhunting Equipment
It is essential to use equipment that is appropriate for the game you are hunting. Many problems in the field are solved easily by a knowledgeable and prepared bowhunter.
- Select a bow that is properly fitted to you and that meets the legal and ethical requirements of the game you plan to hunt.
- Ensure that the bow is in good operating condition. Make a habit of conducting a pre-hunt inspection of your equipment before each trip.
- Purchase arrows that match the draw weight and draw length of your bow. Mismatched equipment can lead to poor accuracy, safety problems, and possible injury to you.
- Make sure that the arrows are straight and that their points are sharp and matched to the game you are pursuing.
- Tune your bow to the equipment (such as broadheads) you will be using for hunting.