Storing Ammunition Safely
- Store ammunition, reloading supplies, and firearms in separate, locked locations, inaccessible to children.
- Keep all ammunition away from flammables.
- Store ammunition in a cool, dry place to prevent corrosion. Corroded ammunition can cause jamming, misfires, and other safety problems.
- Always unload firearms carefully and completely before bringing them into the home. Never load a firearm in the home.
- As soon as you return from a hunt or from range practice, immediately place firearms in their proper storage locations.
- Always check firearms carefully to make sure they are unloaded when you remove them from storage.
- Make sure that the firearms in your home are not accessible to anyone who may not be trained in the safe handling of firearms.